Sports Briefs (MOE NEWS)
New Moeller Sports App
Stay up to date with all the action for Moeller Athletics….New price of $.99 for the 2014-2015 Season.
Rosters/Schedules and Scores/Directions/Twitter/News and be able to connect right to the Athletic website.
Moeller High School Mobile Sports App for the 2014-2015 season $.99 for the App Store and Google Play versions. App Store https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moeller-high-school-sports/id679372147?ls=1&mt=8 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.prepconnectmobile.moeller
Freshman and New Student Athletic Meeting
Beacon Physical Information, Forms Update, and Game Change
Athletic Meeting: Freshman and new students to Moeller High School, there will be Athletic Information meeting at Moeller High School in the gym at 7:00PM on July 29, 2015. We ask that one parent/guardian attend from each incoming family.
Many forms must be completed in order for your son to be eligible to participate in athletics at Archbishop Moeller High School. All forms must be completed for your son to become eligible to participate. Please be sure to have your Final Forms completed.
BEACON PHYSICAL WILL BE ON JULY 25TH 8-11AM….YOU MUST DOWN LOAD THE PHYSICAL FORM (Pages 1-4) AND HAVE IT WITH YOU. Pages 1&2 will be completed on Final Forms and you must print them along with pages 3 & 4 (Physicians pages). Pages 1 & 2 MUST be stapled to the doctors physical pages.
If you should have any questions regarding the enclosed information, please feel free to contact Kim Hauck at the Athletic Office (513) 791-1680, ext. 110
2015 Moeller Football Game Date and Time Changed Moeller will host Wayne High School on Sunday, September 6th , 4PM at Lockland Stadium. This game was originally scheduled for Friday, September 4th , 7PM at Lockland. Volleyball Advances
Support The Team In The Elite 8!
The Varsity Volleyball team defeated Elder in 4 sets in the Regional Finals to advance to the Elite 8 next weekend!
The Crusaders came out firing early in games 1 and 2, taking early leads and never looked back!
The Crusaders won games 1 and 2 25-17. The Crusaders stumbled a bit in the third game, making some uncharacteristic errors ending in an Elder 25-16 victory. The team bounced back quickly in the fourth game, going up 4-0 in the first few points of the game. Their adrenaline took over and the team made several big runs, ending the match and game 4 in a 25-12 victory!
The Crusaders now advance to the Elite 8 next weekend at Capital University in Columbus. Our first match will be Saturday, May 30th at 10:00 AM vs. Hilliard-Davidson. If we win this match, we’ll play in the State Semi-finals on Sunday, May 31st at 10:00 AM. A win in the semis would propel the Crusaders to the finals at 5:00 PM on Sunday, May 30th, again at Capital University.
We’re certainly not looking past Saturday’s match….one practice and match at a time! I will update via Facebook, Twitter, and email with good news over the course of the weekend! We’d love to have your support as we make our “Crusade to State” next weekend!
Thanks for all of your continued support of this team throughout the season! Lacrosse Advances to Semi-Regionals
Regional Semi-final game is Wednesday May 27th at 7pm, Sycamore Junior HS. If we win we will play in the regional finals on Saturday May 30th at 3:00pm
All Region - First Team
First Team All GCL
Jacob Rogan Calling All Cross - Country Alums Your Invited to Re-Connect
Moeller Cross Country Alum…
First off, I hope this message finds all of you doing well in whatever endeavor life has brought to you to this point. Hopefully not only your Moeller High School education, but also your cross country experience and the lessons you’ve learned from the sport, are helping you reach the levels of success and happiness you desire. And my sincere continued best wishes to each of you going forward in all that you do.
Secondly, the Moeller Cross Country Program, including myself, Coach Jason Crockett (Head Track/Field Coach), Coach Charlie Lytle (Administrative Assistant to both XC and Track), Coach Kevin Kohls (former Head XC/Track Coach), and Coach Dr. Brian Adams (long-time assistant), plan to make a more focused effort in the future to reconnect and stay connected to all of our Moeller Cross Country Alum. History has shown, especially if you look at the other schools in the GCL alone (or even the success from other Moeller sports like football), that strong successful programs are built over time not just on the heals of those running on the team today, but on the tradition and legacies from those in the past…namely all of you. Therefore, we hope to re-engage all of you to get back involved in this wonderful sport of cross country. How can you be involved you ask? Allow me to outline some ideas for you to choose from:
· Join us for the Moeller “Primetime” Invitational on Friday, August 28th at the Kings Island Golf Center in Mason.
· Join us for our annual Team Time Trial and Meet the Team Event on Saturday, August 22nd at Armleder Park in Cincinnati.
· Join us to “run the course”, following our setup of the course/meet on the Thursday, August 27th before our invitational, and enjoy the night time run “under the lights”.
· Join us for the GCL Championship, this year tentatively scheduled to be run on our home course at Kings Island on October 17th. Let’s make that “home field” advantage work for us!
· Join us for any meets during the season, including the post-season District Championship (and hopefully a meet or two past that). For our complete meet schedule, please refer to the Moeller Athletic website.
· Get a foursome together for the Second Annual Moeller Golf Classic on Friday, July 17th at Shaker Run Golf Course in Lebanon. Proceeds to benefit all Moeller Athletics. Details found on www.moellergolfclassic.com
· Join us for the Annual Sports Stag Event each winter...2016 date has yet to be announced.
· Join us for some very early weekday morning summer conditioning workouts at Moeller, or some of our scheduled evening runs such as the Loveland 5K series on Wednesday’s at the Loveland Bike Trail.
· Organize some evening/weekend runs on your own through social media and invite past and current runners to participate/run with you.
· Be a Moeller Cross Country Sponsor…any contributions small or large will always be greatly appreciated.
· Help us generate “buzz” for Moeller Cross Country….proudly wear the blue and gold and continue to follow the team through our own publications, social media, and other news outlets.
Speaking of social media, who says you “cannot teach an old dog new tricks”. You’d think someone in my technology position here at the school would be very active with social media, but truth is I never cared for any it. That said, I plan to be much more active with the Moeller Cross Country Twitter account in the future, so I invite all of you to begin “Following” us at https://twitter.com/MoeCrossCountry
. And if you know anything about me, you know I like to type long/lengthy emails…so the good thing about Twitter is that it has a character limitation. So no worries about being inundated with stuff from me on Twitter. J But I do plan to use it regularly to at least keep the Moeller Cross Country community generally informed of the latest news, information, and results.
Finally, the theme for our season this year is “The CHASE”. As you know, we’ve been chasing our fellow GCL teams in this sport since this school has been established back in the early 60’s. So we hope you will join us on this journey and help Moeller Cross Country to finish “The CHASE”. And any success we do achieve will then be for all of us. I know you are all proud of your alma mater; there is no place else like Moeller High School. Please help us to not only continue the legacy, but to add new chapters to the rich tradition of this school and our cross country program. Thank you, and Go Big Moe!!
-Coach Dave Prenger email@example.com
Head Cross Country Coach
Football Season Ticket Information
Get your Tickets Today for the Upcoming Season
Moeller Football Season will be here before we know it….. With all the positive feedback we received last year – with a 90% complete ticket package….we would like to offer it again for the 2015 Football Season.
CLICK HERE for More Info and Online Registration
CLICK HERE for Mail In Registration