During the extended spring/summer break, Archbishop Moeller High School took the opportunity to clean and disinfect all buildings. In addition, our custodial service provider, Blue Chip, has transitioned to a touch-point cleaning program and will provide enhanced daily cleaning in classrooms and other common areas. High touch-point surfaces including door handles, handrails, light switches, and elevator buttons will be cleaned periodically throughout the day.
Below are additional items added to our custodial program and other adjustments made to the facility.
Enhanced Cleaning & Disinfecting Practices for 2020/2021
- Each classroom and common space will be completely disinfected after every school day.
- This will be done with a misting/fogging product and includes all desks, surfaces, doors, and walls.
- Disinfecting spray and paper towels will be provided in classrooms and common areas so occupants can do their part to prevent surface transmission of the virus.
- The day-time custodial staff will be doubled to support the school-day custodial needs and to continue with touch-point cleaning.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed around common areas of the school.
- Signage will be installed regarding physical distancing and hand washing in the restrooms, lobby, front office, cafeteria, and other campus locations.
- Acrylic shields will be installed at high-traffic desks and counters, including the welcome desk, front office, and the IT help desk.
- Building circulation (traffic flow) will be managed by signage and partitions.
- Masks, gloves, wipes, thermometers, and other PPE are available.
- Drinking fountains will be modified to ensure safe drinking water is available. The bubbler on all fountains will be turned off, but the bottle-fill stations will be active. Additional bottle-fill stations will also be installed around campus. It is recommended for all students, faculty, and staff to carry their own water bottle to school each day, which can be refilled at these bottle-fill stations.
- The tables in the cafeteria are being moved to allow for physical distancing.
- The AC will be used as a temporary cafeteria to allow physical distancing during lunch.
- Every member of the Moeller community has a shared responsibility for cleaning and sanitizing their own work and study areas, shared spaces, such as classrooms, labs, and gathering spaces, and other shared resources and commonly touched items.