All classes at Moeller High School exist within our block schedule, where classes will meet for 90 minutes every other day. The block schedule has been shown to have a number of benefits over the traditional 7 bell schedule.
The benefits include:
- More closely resembling the typical college schedule, where classes are longer and meet two or three times a week.
- Allows for greater in-depth analysis. Labs and language classes in particular can spend more time immersing their students in their subject matter.
- Helps students stay organized, focused, and increases comprehension as students can focus on three or four classes a day rather than seven.
- More time to work with peers and teachers between classes.
- More time between has been shown to benefit memory formation by giving the brain more time to process material.
|90 Minute Blocks