About

Mission & History

The Moeller Mission

For 60 years, Archbishop Moeller High School has been working toward one Mission – Catholic. Marianist. Forming our Students into Remarkable Men. These are men of faith, men of academic excellence, and men of character.

This formation began at the very beginning with the first principal, Brother Lawrence Eveslage, S.M., who created a culture rooted in the Marianist tradition. Through honoring the characteristics of Faith Formation, Academic Excellence, Service to Others, Family Spirit, and the ability to Adapt for Life, Brother Eveslage laid the foundation for Moeller to be the leader in educating young men.

It was, however, Archbishop Karl Alter, who had the vision of a new school. He appointed Monsignor McCarthy and Brother Sibbing, S.M., to supervise the planning and construction of a new school. This school was to be named Archbishop Moeller High School – living tribute to the Reverend Fourth Archbishop of the Cincinnati Archdiocese, the Most Reverend Henry Moeller.

Archbishop Moeller High School opened its doors in September 1960 to freshmen drawn from 15 parishes in the northeastern part of greater Cincinnati and Hamilton county. And just four years later, the Class of 1964 received the first diplomas bearing the name Archbishop Moeller High School. Since then, Moller has graduated more than 12,000 Men of Moeller.




The Marianist Foundation

The Society of Mary (Marianists) was founded in 1817 by Blessed William Joseph Chaminade in Bordeaux France.
 
For Fr. Chaminade, Mary was his inspiration — she was the one who received the word of the Lord and pondered it in her heart, the woman who gave Christ to the world, and the Mother who cooperates with the Holy Spirit in the formation of believers. Mary lived the message of the gospel.
 
Marianists have ministered at Moeller since the school opened in 1960. In 2004, Moeller entered into a sponsorship agreement with the Society of Mary, further solidifying the relationship for the achievement of a shared mission.
Catholic. Marianist.
Forming our Students into Remarkable Men.

Archbishop Moeller High School

Member of the International Boys' School Coalition

9001 Montgomery Road Cincinnati, OH 45242

Phone: 513.791.1680 | Fax 513.792.3343